We have Tenants that are GOING to Hell!
What do you do when....
1. Our tenants won't pay rent, but they will pay for electricity, cable and water.
2. Police made a bust, finding meth, meth users, and stolen property from all over the neighborhood in our house; but since the jails are full, they are just left there.
3. They have been using and sold most of our belongings that were put away in the attic in the house.
4. They have smashed doors and ceilings and left who knows what kind of stains underneath the trash heaps they've created in every room.
5. Your rental property is in Oregon where there is no such thing as an emergency eviction, all laws help tenants and not landlords, and a month is the soonest they can be moved out if all paper work goes according to plan given the situation.
6. Your tenants, after eviction, won't pay a dime for any damages or past rent, even though they broke every single clause in the contract and committed felonies.
We just got a lawyer, but everyone says there's no way we'll see any money.
These people are just using and abusing us and society. What do you do if the justice system allows this sort of behavior? Is there any way to take revenge?
Thanks for having this site.
Sincerely, very upset, last time landlord.