Criteria of Principal Place of Residence

by Jeff


I am currently living in Victoria (Victorian residential address) but spend about 80% of my time in Sydney (I am renting a place there).

I am considering purchasing my first home in Melbourne. Am I able to claim the FHOG even if I am not actually living at the property? I have no intention of leasing the property out for the first six months; I shall simply not be living there.

What are the precise criteria around what constitutes a PPR (Principal Place of Residence)? Is there a requirement to actually inhabit the place?


Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask.